•Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) has bagged Clifford Chance partner Michael Wistow for its newly created role of head of tax. Wistow will work with corporate tax head John Overs, head of personal tax Jonathan Kropman and Moira Protani, head of charity law. The tax specialist is BLP’s second statement hire this year after it swooped for Herbert Smith real estate starChris De Pury in April (The Lawyer, 2 April). The firm also made a huge splash in the real estate market with the hire of Robert MacGregor from Clifford Chance in 2005. Wistow’s package is not yet confirmed, although it is understood that the firm has broken its lockstep arrangement for the headline hire. De Pury’s and MacGregor’s remuneration is understood to be more than £1m each.
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) has bagged Clifford Chance partner Michael Wistow for its newly created role of head of tax. Wistow will work with corporate tax head John Overs, head of personal tax Jonathan Kropman and Moira Protani, head of charity law.
Job of the week
- Eight ex-Cobbetts employees referred to SDT on “incompetence” charge
- End of the road for Youle-Bagshaw double act as Skadden gets its man
- RBS rights issue battle adjourned as bank makes last-minute offer to shareholders
- Retirement exits to hit Linklaters’ slow-growth City litigation group
- A&O creates new client group in management shake-up
- Linklaters recruits from Ropes to boost restructuring team
- The sad story of Cobbetts
- Lloyds Bank in-house heavyweight Wan exits amid restructure
- Revealed: The most litigious overseas companies in 2017
- Exclusive: Winston & Strawn closes two Greater China offices
- CAT rules against Norton Rose Fulbright client in Law Society training row
- BLM loses out on revamped £500m NHS disputes panel
- Gateley posts 15% revenue boost in second year as a PLC
- RBS battle hit again as shareholder minority push for full trial
- Hogan Lovells gives trainees pay boost
- Career clinic: How can I boost my commerciality when my company won’t train me?
- Credit Suisse close to finalising global panel review
- Lawyers launch pro bono plan to help Manchester bomb victims
- VdA TMT partner is speaker at Portugal Air Summit
- Deputy High Court Judge appointed