KLegal and McGrigor Donald merged in March 2002. Since then seven KLegal heavy-hitters have resigned.
• July 2003: James Hodgson, a founding partner, resigned over discontent with the firm’s post-Enron strategy and McGrigor Donald’s management takeover.
• February 2003: Real estate partner Bruce Dear left for Eversheds’ London office.
• February 2003: Head of commercial Arun Singh moved to the London base of Salans after leading the KPMG-tied firm’s projects and commercial team for three years.
• December 2002: Founding partner Tim Parsons resigned to join Barlow Lyde & Gilbert after four years running the banking and asset finance practice.
• November 2002: Technology partner Mark Haftke left KLegal after two and a half years for Brobeck Hale & Dorr.
• October 2002: Head of PFI Gareth Davies left to become general counsel at Transport for London.
• September 2002: Highly-rated IT partner Michael Sinclair joined David Barratt’s technology team at Simmons & Simmons after a year at KLegal.