Hodge Jones & Allen (HJA) is the UK top 200 firm with the highest proportion of female partners, new research has revealed.
The Lawyer UK 200 report, published today, found that the Euston-headquartered firm has a 71 per cent female partnership, with 24 of its 34 partners being women.
Only nine firms in the top 200 are majority-female at partnership level. In addition to HJA, they are: Birchall Blackburn; Winn Solicitors; Bindmans; Sackers; Ramsdens; Debenhams Ottaway; Barlow Robbins; and the largest, the 60-partner MW Solicitors.
Cheshire-headquartered industrial disease firm Roberts Jackson is the only firm in the UK 200 to achieve a perfect 50:50 split when it comes to male and female partners.
Among larger firms, BLM and Withers scored best.
At BLM, 87 out of 209 partners (42 per cent) are female, while at Withers the figure is 40 per cent.
Overall, the proportion of partners at at the UK’s top 100 firms who are women is 24 per cent.
Highest proportion of female partners
- Hodge Jones & Allen – 71 per cent (24 female partners out of 34 total)
Firms with more than 50 partners
- MW Solicitors – 57 per cent (34 female partners out of 60 total)
Firms with more than 100 partners
- BLM – 42 per cent (87 female partners out of 209 total)
- Withers – 40 per cent (65 female partners out of 162 total)
Firms with more than 200 partners
- Irwin Mitchell – 37 per cent (102 female partners out of 278 total)
- DAC Beachcroft – 30 per cent (70 female partners out of 232 total)
Firms with more than 500 partners
- Hogan Lovells – 26 per cent (207 female partners out of 805 total)
Firms with more than 1,000 partners
- Norton Rose Fulbright – 26 per cent (298 female partners out of 1,156 total)