As news editor I'm responsible for the daily running of the website and all our news coverage. I also have a particular interest in European, African and offshore law firms. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @thelawyerjoanne.
- 0207 970 4615
Global biopharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers Squibb has promoted Betty Edery to the post of general counsel for France, just over a year after making its last local head of legal appointment.
A pair of Israeli lawyers, including former Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer associate Jackie Donner and lawyer and marketer Zohar Fisher, have launched the country’s first contract lawyer service, LawFlex.
Barclays Bank has appointed Simon Croxford as general counsel for its Group Centre legal team, after the resignation of deputy group general counsel Michael Shaw in June.
- The week’s top 15 legal briefings - 21 August 2015 subscription
- BLP turns to Clyde & Co for corporate insurance hire subscription
- Herbert Smith Freehills makes agile working permanent after positive feedback subscription
- Irwin Mitchell earmarks further acquisitions as profit and turnover rise subscription
- Osborne Clarke's former Belgian ally De Wolf votes to dissolve subscription
- Latham picks up third partner from CC Germany with hire of banking head subscription
- Balfour Beatty promotes new GC from within as Vaughan leaves the company subscription
- Foot Anstey pilots 'warm-desking' in Bristol ahead of flexible working plans subscription
- Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr: integration with DLA Piper "a bridge too far" subscription
- DLA Piper raids former ally Cliffe Dekker to kickstart Johannesburg launch subscription
- Bircham Dyson Bell unveils 18 per cent profit growth for 2014/15 subscription
- DLA Piper pulls out of South African alliance with Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr subscription
- Fish & Richardson hooks Olswang Munich IP team subscription
- European moves: 6 August 2015 subscription
- Portugal's Vieira de Almeida picks up 20-strong team from rival Miranda subscription
- Mr Justice Peter Smith faces investigation over "lost luggage" case subscription
- GMB hires Leigh Day for employment action against Uber subscription