I joined The Lawyer in August 2013 and sit on the news desk. I cover litigation and the City and am interested in litigation, corporate and real estate news across a range of sectors. I particularly want to hear about deals in the areas of energy, retail, real estate, food and consumer goods and any news about international domestic dispute resolution and arbitrations. I also write in-house profiles for the print and online editions of The Lawyer. Get in touch with news and gossip - I tweet at @TheLawyerKate
- 020 7970 4557
The case brought by former Queens Park Rangers chairman Antonio Caliendo against Mishcon de Reya is finally heading for court this year following a three-year lead up and tussles over missed deadlines.
Stories of the year: November has US flavour subscription
The legal market was far from quiet in November with law firm leaders airing their grievances and banking panels launching and closing. There was also a strong American flavour to the month, with Eversheds seeking a US merger and DLA Piper losing partners to US firms.
Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson has lost a first round for Russian tycoon Sergei Pugachev in the High Court after the billionaire failed in his attempt to lift a $2bn freezing order imposed in July.
- Early contenders emerge to take BLP managing partner crown subscription
- Burges Salmon, CMS and Osborne Clarke retained as Eurostar delays panel review until 2015 subscription
- Bucks ABS expected to generate £400,000 profit for local authority over five years subscription
- Clydesdale replaces UK GC as Darbyshire returns to Australia role subscription
- BLP managing partner Neville Eisenberg to stand down after five terms subscription
- 20 Essex Street takes Cavenagh Law practice manager for latest new BD role subscription
- Bird & Bird faces £2m professional negligence case over Elisabeth Murdoch home subscription
- Nabarro revenue up 3 per cent at half year to £54.1m subscription
- Sidley makes up 32 in promotions round with two in London subscription
- Clifford Chance's Simon Davis slams FCA pension leak in report subscription
- Freshfields partner Wills appointed financial institutions group co-head subscription
- MoD panel set to be finalised within a fortnight subscription
- FCA admits being "under strain" as it names McDermott as new director subscription
- Clifford Chance competition partner leaves to set up Brussels boutique subscription
- Barrister disbarred for lying to client and acting without qualifications subscription
- Nabarro in alliance talks with Singapore firm subscription
- Skadden takes Freshfields insurance partner Robert Stirling subscription