I joined The Lawyer in August 2013 and sit on the news desk. I cover litigation and the City and am interested in litigation, corporate and real estate news across a range of sectors. I particularly want to hear about deals in the areas of energy, retail, real estate, food and consumer goods and any news about international domestic dispute resolutions and arbitrations. I work on the city analysis pages of the print edition and write in-house profiles for the print and online editions of The Lawyer. Get in touch with news and gossip - I tweet at @TheLawyerKate
- 020 7970 4557
Russia has been ordered to pay €1.9bn (£1.5bn) in compensation to shareholders of Yukos by the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), the largest ever award for pecuniary loss.
Clifford Chance managing partner Matthew Layton has appointed a new-look executive leadership group to replace its management committee following a dramatic overhaul earlier this month.
Mishcon de Reya will pay over £66,000 in damages and interest to a former client after partially losing a professional negligence case in the High Court.
- SFO settles Tchenguiz battle for £4.5m
- In-house teams grow by 33 per cent in a year as budgets rise
- Supreme Court calls time on Greek yoghurt food fight
- CoA orders Sebastian Holdings to pay $250m to Deutsche Bank or lose appeal
- Baker & McKenzie advises as Gherkin goes up for sale
- Brodies, Eversheds, Norton Rose Fulbright lose out as Clydesdale cuts panel
- Brick Court restructures clerking team after Deborah Anderson exit
- Vincent Tchenguiz settles record £200m SFO battle for £3m
- Special report: E-disclosure – Trials and tribulations
- Which London sets reign on fees?
- From Cobbetts to Cosmopolitans: law firms are 'like cocktails', claims brand research
- Clifford Chance scraps leadership elections in radical partnership overhaul
- Clifford Chance votes to rejig and reduce management committee
- 39 Essex Street to move out of the Temple and into Chancery Lane
- Gray's Inn Tax Chambers suffers fifth exit in three months after Devereux raid
- Stewarts Law settles legal battle but fate of lawyer duo hangs in the balance
- Billionaire oligarch switches from Sidley to HSF for mammoth hotel battle