I joined The Lawyer in August 2013 and sit on the news desk. I cover litigation and the City and am interested in litigation, corporate and real estate news across a range of sectors. I particularly want to hear about deals in the areas of energy, retail, real estate, food and consumer goods and any news about international domestic dispute resolution and arbitrations. I also write in-house profiles for the print and online editions of The Lawyer. Get in touch with news and gossip - I tweet at @TheLawyerKate
- 020 7970 4557
Tesco general counsel Adrian Morris and 25 other lawyers based at the supermarket’s headquarters will be sent onto the shop floor over the next three months in a campaign launched by chief executive Dave Lewis.
DLA Piper has fought off a derivatives mis-selling case for Natwest and the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) which were found to have given “negligent but not actionable” advice to family property company Crestsign.
Former Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) legal head Rob Higgins has taken up one of the organisation’s three new executive positions following the exit of commercial director Sean Balmer this year.
- George Clooney effect wreaks havoc on Doughty Street website
- Fried Frank picks up Stephenson Harwood role on oligarch battle
- Freshfields "takes on Wall Street" and wants to discard magic circle tag in US
- Freshfields: in a league of its own
- Doughty Street restructures clerks' room to focus on business development
- Cherie Blair QC leaves Matrix Chambers
- Nabarro's Molson Coors panel spot under threat
- Wonga's first-ever GC leaves for internet crowd-funder Funding Circle
- Clifford Chance COO stands down
- Baker & McKenzie achieves 50 per cent female board with new appointment
- How much can Freshfields tinker with its lockstep to lure New York partners?
- In-house interview: Marcus Laughton, The Pensions Regulator
- Freshfields bids for US M&A home run
- Society of Conservative Lawyers publishes devolution plan for 'quasi-federal Kingdom'
- Doughty Street public law exits mount post-Jackson as Paul Bowen QC moves to Brick Court
- Ex-Times lawyer Brett cleared of knowingly misleading the court but found to have acted 'recklessly'
- Quinn Emanuel makes 'work on a beach' associate scheme permanent