I joined The Lawyer in August 2013 and sit on the news desk. I cover litigation and the City and am interested in litigation, corporate and real estate news across a range of sectors. I particularly want to hear about deals in the areas of energy, retail, real estate, food and consumer goods and any news about international domestic dispute resolution and arbitrations. I also write in-house profiles for the print and online editions of The Lawyer. Get in touch with news and gossip - I tweet at @TheLawyerKate
- 020 7970 4557
Stories of the year: November has US flavour subscription
The legal market was far from quiet in November with law firm leaders airing their grievances and banking panels launching and closing. There was also a strong American flavour to the month, with Eversheds seeking a US merger and DLA Piper losing partners to US firms.
Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson has lost a first round for Russian tycoon Sergei Pugachev in the High Court after the billionaire failed in his attempt to lift a $2bn freezing order imposed in July.
The debate around Berwin Leighton Paisner managing partner Neville Eisenberg’s replacement is hotting up with three partners including corporate head David Collins thought to be early contenders.
- Burges Salmon, CMS and Osborne Clarke retained as Eurostar delays panel review until 2015 subscription
- Bucks ABS expected to generate £400,000 profit for local authority over five years subscription
- Clydesdale replaces UK GC as Darbyshire returns to Australia role subscription
- BLP managing partner Neville Eisenberg to stand down after five terms subscription
- 20 Essex Street takes Cavenagh Law practice manager for latest new BD role subscription
- Bird & Bird faces £2m professional negligence case over Elisabeth Murdoch home subscription
- Nabarro revenue up 3 per cent at half year to £54.1m subscription
- Sidley makes up 32 in promotions round with two in London subscription
- Clifford Chance's Simon Davis slams FCA pension leak in report subscription
- Freshfields partner Wills appointed financial institutions group co-head subscription
- MoD panel set to be finalised within a fortnight subscription
- FCA admits being "under strain" as it names McDermott as new director subscription
- Clifford Chance competition partner leaves to set up Brussels boutique subscription
- Barrister disbarred for lying to client and acting without qualifications subscription
- Nabarro in alliance talks with Singapore firm subscription
- Skadden takes Freshfields insurance partner Robert Stirling subscription
- Standard Chartered Bank kicks off panel review subscription