I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Claimant litigation firm Hausfeld has hired Michelin Group Europe general counsel Laurent Geelhand to launch a Brussels office.
Antonio Garrigues has stepped down from the firm his father founded after sixty years, including over fifty in management roles at Europe’s largest independent practice.
Bowman Gilfillan Africa Group members Coulson Harney and East African Law Chambers (EALC) have expanded their teams with a total of five lateral partner hires.
- Heuking snares GSK team for Stuttgart launch
- BLM merges with eight-partner Belfast firm to launch in Northern Ireland
- Weightmans beefs up Glasgow office with triple partner hire
- 'Russia's Facebook' $1.5bn deal ends long-running litigation
- France's Jeantet launches in Switzerland with DLA Piper hire
- Gordons, Walker Morris turn to Irwin Mitchell and Pinsents for senior partner hires
- Dentons picks up KWMSJB Paris restructuring team
- Luther's global turnover up 12 per cent as German revenue breaks through €100m
- Bird & Bird's David Kerr: Australian merger is a possibility
- Angola and Mozambique: Dual fuel pipeline
- Görg and Noerr advise on Germany's largest shopping centre development
- Osborne Clarke's former ally De Wolf sets out independence stall
- DLA Piper demonstrates commitment to CEE with Prague expansion
- European moves: 4 September 2014
- Former Friends of the Earth legal head Phil Michaels loses cancer battle
- Clifford Chance scoops corporate team from Willkie Farr in Paris
- South Square's Knowles and No 5's Dove join High Court Bench