I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Europe, the Middle East, Africa and offshore as well as our practice area special reports. As a French speaker I have a particular interest in the French market, but am keen to hear from any Emea or offshore law firms with a story to tell. I previously covered litigation and the bar for The Lawyer and also have experience writing about the hedge funds market. I tweet as @LawyermagEurope.
- 0207 970 4615
Ukraine – Toughing it out subscription
Be strong and think fast are the rules if you want to succeed in this troubled region. The shortlisted firms for our European awards show the way.
This year’s European Managing Partner of the Year, Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners’ chairman Dimitry Afanasiev, opens up about the challenges affecting Russia and Ukraine.
Fieldfisher is facing a €120,000 (£86,000) unfair dismissal claim brought by a former secretary in its Paris office, who claims that she was assaulted by the firm’s office managing partner on the day of her dismissal.
- Pinsents' outgoing managing partner Ryan to take up London office reins subscription
- European moves: 16 April 2015 subscription
- K&L Gates adds German IP partner from Clifford Chance subscription
- Weightmans makes up four in women-only promotions round subscription
- Skadden and SullCrom brought in as Nokia agrees €15.6bn Alcatel-Lucent takeover subscription
- Dentons takes on White & Case's Budapest office in major CEE boost subscription
- Serjeants' Inn announces bumper 28 per cent income growth for 2014/15 subscription
- Grimaldi hires former Clifford Chance CEO Bray in London push subscription
- Macfarlanes appoints five partners in reduced promotions round subscription
- Linklaters' former Dutch employment head quits to launch boutique subscription
- Chadbourne turns to BLP for new Moscow managing partner subscription
- Wolf Theiss recruits A&O Czech corporate head subscription
- Al Tamimi expands Saudi operations to Jeddah with ex-Baker Botts hire subscription
- Independent firms can still be global subscription
- Referral relationships: making the link subscription
- Allen & Overy takes first South African lateral from Linklaters ally subscription
- McDermott picks up three-strong Paris private equity team from Curtis Mallet-Prevost subscription