New regulations on alien’s residence, work and study in PRC

Download document:

New regulations on alien residence, work and study in PRC - .PDF file.

By Jiang Junlu and Jin Shan

Benjamin is a US electric engineer. He holds two PhDs and has wide-ranging experience in the high-tech industry. He recently accepted a job offer from a large well-known Chinese business and is considering moving to China with his wife Rose and 19-year-old son Frank.

While Rose would also like to work in China, Frank hopes to study oriental culture at a top Chinese university and work part time during the summer and winter breaks in order to enrich his social experience. Now, the Benjamin family seeks advice about acquiring a visa to live, work and study in China.

On 1 July 2013, the PRC Exit-Entry Administrative Law came into force. The law’s supporting regulation, the PRC Administrative Regulation of Entry and Exit of Aliens, took effect on 1 September 2013…

If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the King & Wood Mallesons briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.