Our clients are multinational corporations, sovereign states and international organisations engaged in cross-border trade, projects and business co-operation.
Our leading public international law practitioners represent clients with the following:
Public international law (advisory)
- negotiating, drafting and acceding to treaties
- negotiating and drafting inter-governmental and host government agreements concerning cross-border trade, investment and co-operation
- cross-border project finance and infrastructure projects
- structuring cross-border investments
- international investment law protection for investments abroad
- rights and obligations under international trade law agreements
- rights and obligations under international intellectual property law agreements
- rights and obligations under international environmental law agreements
- rights and obligations and under international human rights law agreements
- international anti-corruption laws
- boundary disputes and rights to resources straddling borders
- international sanctions
- the immunity of sovereigns and state entities
- sovereign debt and restructurings
Public international law (disputes)
- international arbitration under bilateral investment treaties (BITs) and the Energy Charter Treaty before International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and other international arbitral tribunals
- disputes before World Trade Organisation (WTO) panels and the WTO Appellate Body
- disputes before World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) tribunals
For more information on Allen & Overy’s public international law practice click here.
This material has been sourced from the Allen & Overy website.