The firm’s intellectual property attorneys advise private and publicly traded businesses in a wide range of sectors including computer hardware and software, internet, health care, life sciences, financial services, advertising, media and entertainment, publishing, housewares, consumer and industrial manufacturing and distribution, energy and original equipment manufacturing.
Our team includes experienced trial lawyers and registered patent attorneys skilled in a variety of technical disciplines such as electrical and mechanical arts, computer software and business methods, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
The range of services provided by the group includes:
- Litigation and arbitration before federal and state courts and administrative tribunals nationwide
- Strategic development and management of patent and trademark portfolios
- Advising on a full range of internet and information technology issues, including data privacy, open source software, domain names, keyword advertising, social networking and DMCA compliance
- Drafting and negotiating licenses and technology transfers
- Pre-market clearance and protection of trademarks and new products
- Identifying and addressing intellectual property issues in mergers, acquisitions and restructurings
- Invalidity and non-infringement opinions
- Conducting due diligence on the intellectual property assets and risks of prospective business partners
- Advising on international patent and trademark regulatory regimes
- Measuring market exclusivity by performing patent audits of clients and their competitors
Our intellectual property litigators routinely appear on behalf of our clients before federal and state courts, the TTAB and the ITC in disputes relating to patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, cyberpiracy and counterfeiting. The firm’s current cases include:
- Representation of generic pharmaceutical companies in Hatch-Waxman patent litigation involving heart medication and antibiotics
- Representation of businesses in Lanham Act trademark and false advertising litigation
- Representation of a chip manufacturer in connection with protection from disclosure of trade secrets in a patent litigation involving microchip technology and finite element analysis
For more information on intellectual property click here.