Our long-established and highly experienced family team complements our private client department by providing you with discrete expert advice when either you or a member of your family is experiencing a life-changing event.
We strive to provide you with both sensible and imaginative solutions and empathetic support enabling you to achieve your aims.
Our team of outstanding family lawyers advise high net worth individuals. We pride ourselves on the excellence of our advice and high-quality service. As experienced negotiators, we always aim to broker an agreement at an early stage but, if court proceedings cannot be avoided, our lawyers (one of whom originally qualified as a barrister) are tenacious and will fight for you to reach the resolution you seek.
Areas of particular expertise include cross-jurisdictional disputes, the tracing of missing assets, analysis of company accounts, enforcement and cases involving family run businesses.
We advise on:
- Separation and divorce and their financial consequences
- The appropriate jurisdiction for issuing proceedings
- Cohabitation and cohabitation agreements
- Pre nuptial and post nuptial agreements
- Issues involving children – including contact and residence disputes, frequently with cross-border implications
- International enforcement of maintenance and financial orders
Family issues often involve commercial and corporate law, property law and trusts (both on and off shore). The firm has a wealth of expertise in these areas.
For more information on family law click here.
This information has been sourced from the Winckworth Sherwood site.