Hogan Lovells has advised the affiliates of Kuwait Petroleum International on an agreement for the acquisition of shares in the companies containing the retail, supply and distribution, logistics and aviation businesses of Shell in Italy.
The sale is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to complete in 2014.
Hogan Lovells advised on all aspects of the transaction, providing integrated English and Italian law advice, led by dual-qualified M&A partner Leah Dunlop, supported by London corporate partner and co-head of the firm’s oil and gas working group Ben Higson and his team.
The law firm also provided specialist environmental, energy regulatory, public law, commercial law, tax, employment and antitrust advice.
The Hogan Lovells team working on this transaction included:
- Corporate M&A: Leah Dunlop, Antonio Di Pasquale (partners, Rome); Ben Higson (partner, London); Simone Cucurachi (senior associate, Rome); and Alex McPherson (senior associate, London)
- Commercial law: Marco Berliri (partner, Rome); and Paola La Gumina (senior associate, Rome)
- Environmental and energy regulatory: Francesca Angeloni (partner, Rome); Francesca Covone (of counsel, Rome); and Gaia Gelera (senior associate, Rome)
- Tax: Fulvia Astolfi (partner, Rome); Serena Pietrosanti (of counsel, Rome); and Fiona Bantock (senior associate, London)
- Employment: Vittorio Moresco (partner, Milan)
- Antitrust: Gianluca Belotti (partner, Rome); Eugenia Gambarara (associate, Rome); Matthew Levitt (partner, Brussels); and Jan Blockx (senior associate, Brussels)
- Litigation: Filippo Chiaves, of counsel (Milan); and Andrea Atteritano, of counsel (Rome)