Paul Herbert has more than 20 years’ experience in the media and technology sectors, acting for various delivery platforms, broadcasters, production companies, publishers, authors, distributors, technology companies and associated entities.
He has encountered a vast and diverse range of subjects and issues that has resulted in him becoming an acknowledged specialist in the following areas:
- Book, programme and digital content and advertising and sales promotion
- Advising on all areas of law and regulation affecting all forms of published content, for example, confidence, copyright, contempt, defamation and privacy; Ofcom Broadcasting Code and BCAP Advertising Codes
- Media and communications legislation
- Licensing and regulation of linear and non-linear services and content
- Gaming and lotteries
- Data protection and privacy
- The whole range of contracts and commercial arrangements from the commissioning of content, its production and distribution across all platforms and outlets; author and talent deals; IP licensing and exploitation, outsourcing; purchase and supply; sponsorship and sports rights agreements
- Distribution and transmission of platforms, channels and digital content; technology and infrastructure agreements
- Drawing on all of the above areas and his general experience Herbert is retained by numerous media and technology clients as a sounding board and source of general strategic and tactical advice on a very wide range of issues
- Due diligence on corporate media transactions
Click here to find out more about Paul Herbert.