Legal Finance Professionals Limited
Legal Finance Professionals Limited was established in 2007 and is run by leading regulation and compliance expert Richard Lane BA (Hons), ACA.
Richard qualified as a Chartered Accountant whilst working for Baker Tilly. In 1996 he moved out of private practice and joined the Law Society‘s Forensic Investigation Unit where he was responsible for managing a team of investigation officers and overseeing investigations into firms of solicitors checking, amongst other things, compliance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules 1998 and Solicitors' Code of Conduct 2007.
Richard is well known in the legal sector for his expertise in the field of legal regulatory and compliance matters. Legal Finance Professionals Limited specialise in all matters relating to the Solicitors‘ Accounts Rules 1998, Code of Conduct 2007 and Money Laundering Regulations 2007 as well as the wider aspects of the general organisation and operation of a solicitor’s practice.
The wealth of knowledge and experience gained whilst working for the Law Society puts Richard in a unique position to identify potential problem areas within law firms and advise them accordingly. Building on this expertise, Legal Finance Professionals Limited act for legal firms, individual solicitors, accountants and others involved in the legal sector who benefit from a range of services including CPD training courses accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), SRA Compliance Healthchecks, due diligence and expert witness services. We can also offer assistance to firms or solicitors who are subject to investigation or disciplinary action by the SRA or those who have been referred to the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal (SDT).
- Address PO Box 5296
- Town Kenilworth
- Country United Kingdom
- Postcode CV8 9DP
- Intellectual Property Act 2014: a summary of the key provisions
- Money talks: the top hires by US firms in 2014
- Reckitt Benckiser launches legal team for spinoff Indivior ahead of IPO
- Irwin Mitchell most successful firm online, but Taylor Wessing is top Tweeter
- Nabarro, Weil professional negligence claims among raft of top 20 cases to settle
- The Lawyer Global Litigation Top 50: Executive Summary – The day of the regulator
- Conspiring to define conspiracy to defraud
- Fried Frank loses 'Putin's banker' Pugachev claim to lift $2bn asset freeze
- Conspiring to redefine conspiracy to defraud
- Africa e-briefing, December 2014: OHADA Masters degree; integration of EALI members; EALI and Morrocan country guide, COMESA guidelines and foreign exchange reform