Clear Legal Writing
- Date 21 November 2013
- Time 09:30:00 - 17:00:00
- Full venue address To be confirmed 14 days before the course date Norwich United Kingdom
- CPD Hours 6
BPP has a membership scheme that provides significant discounts on our entire programme of PD courses. Members of the scheme can receive up to 50% discount on any PD course booked.
- Event type Course
This course will be of benefit to any practitioner involved in legal writing, from trainees to senior partners and from pupils to silks. This course does not cover specific litigation or legal forms.
This course will introduce delegates to the use of plain English in different types of legal correspondence and documents. There are plenty of exercises and examples which makes for an interactive and stimulating course helping the delegates to practise the theory.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
* Understand what clear legal writing means
* Recognise the need for legal clarity in different types of legal documents
* Differentiate between written and oral advice
* Classify which words and phrases have been judicially defined
* Apply general rules for drafting in plain English
* Recognise and apply the rules of interpretation
* Dispense and deal with the pitfalls and issues relating to the use of legal jargon
- Addleshaws to cut costs with process-mapping initiative
- Ashurst to open low cost support base in Glasgow
- Farrers secures Supreme Court win in £17.5m Prest divorce battle
- 1,300 firms at risk after Latvian insurer Balva forced to call in liquidators
- SRA examines financials across the profession as 160 enter intensive supervision