Withers has promoted eight lawyers to its partnership, including six in the Unites States.
Five New York lawyers have been made up, as well as one in Greenwich, Connecticut, with only two getting the nod in London – both of whom are US, rather than UK, qualified.
It is a reverse of the firm’s 2017 promotions round, when six of the eight lawyers made up were based in London.
The two UK-based lawyers promoted this time round are Stephen Nerland and Jaime McLemore, both US-qualified tax associates.
McLemore did her JD at University of Notre Dame Law School, joining Withers in 2008, while Nerland was at the University of Miami School of Law and worked as a lawyer in Miami before joining Withers’ London office in 2013.
Withers’ chairman Ivan Sacks said: “I am delighted that the skills and hard work of these lawyers have been rewarded with these appointments. These talented new partners will help us to continue enhancing the services we offer our clients and growing our business around the world.”
Withers partner promotions 2018 in full
- James Dougherty, Greenwich, trusts & estates
- Lian Fang, New York, wealth planning
- Eva Farkas-DiNardo, New York, tax
- Theda Fisher, New York, immigration
- Elliot Galler, New York, tax
- Stephen Nerland, London, tax
- Jaime McLemore, London, tax
- Vasiliki Yiannoulis, New York, commercial real estate