This free to watch webinar was part of the virtual General Counsel Strategy Summit that took place on 11th – 13th May 2021. If you’d like to watch the recording of this presentation, please complete the form below.
The increased pressure on cost efficiencies that most in-house teams are experiencing at the moment means there is a big focus on revamping external counsel relationships, minimising spent and maximising value. Is law still about selling people to people?
Issues discussed in this webinar include:
- Has the pandemic and current economic climate changed the long-term dynamics between firms and their clients?
- Are law firm-client relationships changing? How are GCs envisioning their interactions with law firms to look like going forward?
- Are the “shiny toys” distracting us from what really matters, business partnerships and customer service?
- What does being creative with your law firm panel and doing things differently look like in practice?
- Is there a need for more collaboration and coordination within the in-house community when it comes to driving improvements to law firm-client relationships? What more can GCs do?
Ruth Daniels, Group General Counsel and Company Secretary, Superdry
Claire Betty, Head of Legal – Commercial, John Lewis Partnership
Mark Turner, COO – Legal, Compliance and Risk, TP ICAP
Peter McCusker, Deputy General Counsel, Royal London