On October 2nd The Lawyer in association with Wolters Kluwer hosted a webinar on legal management and technology trends, based on the General Counsel Barometer 2019 Survey Results. This webinar is for all in-house lawyers looking to benchmark their legal operations function against their peers but also to learn about what the future holds in this area.
The corporate legal operations role has seen tremendous growth over the past two years, both in the UK and Europe. The General Counsel Barometer 2019
, published in partnership with The Lawyer, surveyed 200 General Counsel, from a range of countries, company size and sectors to unveil the trends within this burgeoning sector. If demonstrating value and improving the efficiency of your legal department is at the top of your agenda then watch this webinar
to hear the results and analysis on a range of topics including GC priorities, resourcing decisions, outside counsel costs, and technology adoption.
Panellists provided insights on:
- The growing importance of legal operations in Europe and the UK
- GCs are leading the shift to become more strategic versus functional: what does this journey look like?
- Delving into the use of legal technology for enhanced analytics, reporting for decision making and productivity gains, with insights into:
- How AI can transform your legal operations
- The growing importance of contract lifecycle management and the key factors that drive success
Charlie Clinch, associate general counsel, legal chief of staff and chief legal Information officer, VEON
Margie Sleboda, lead technology product manager, GRC ELM
Matt Byrne, deputy editor, The Lawyer