Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. It combines industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation. Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people and operates in more than 100 countries. Thomson Reuters' shares are listed on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges.
Across the entire legal landscape, the company provides the content, tools, software and bespoke solutions that help organisations to drive productivity, streamline processes and deliver efficiencies.
In the UK, it has been doing it for more than 200 years. It provides a range of solutions for law firms and ABSs, covering the following categories:
Legal research, analysis, news and updates
- Westlaw UK — the flagship research product, Westlaw UK uses intelligent technology to help legal professionals and academics up and down the country become more efficient
- Lawtel — for more than 30 years, lawyers have relied on Lawtel for its speedy updates on the latest cases and legislation across a range of practice areas
- Sweet & Maxwell — for more than 200 years, lawyers have been relying on Sweet & Maxwell for their legal information, commentary, analysis and expert opinions — all available in print, ebook format and online, for the 21st-century legal practice
Business process, case and matter management
- FloSuite Legal — a totally bespoke, customisable solution that enables you to become more efficient through connecting systems, automating processes and effectively managing the flow of information
- Thomson Reuters Elite — offering solutions covering business development, risk management, client and matter management and financial management, Thomson Reuters Elite provides an end-to-end enterprise business management solution
Federated searching and knowledge management
- Solcara — connects you to the information your organisation relies on, both internal know-how and external information sources
Ebilling and project management
- Serengeti Tracker — for anyone who outsources legal work, this solution makes it easy to track spend and project budgets, organise and share documents, create reports and ensure that you are co-ordinated with outside counsel on all project activity
The company also provides business intelligence, client development and marketing, professional development, conferences and recruitment services.