The latest episode of The Lawyer Wellness Podcast is a recording of a panel discussion that took place at The Lawyer‘s recent in-house counsel as business partner summit, featuring both general counsel and private practice lawyers who have battled their own mental health issues.
It features David McCahon (global head of commercial, innovation and technology legal, Barclays); Chris Parsons (partner and chairman, India practice, Herbert Smith Freehills), Ciarán Fenton, (director, Ciarán Fenton Limited) and Joanne Theodoulou, (general counsel and company secretary, Simply Business).
- What signs do I need to look out for? What do I do if someone confides in me and needs help?
- What can I do to encourage an open and supportive culture?
- Building awareness of the existing support framework both in the workplace and the wider world.
- Myself: Making sure that you’re okay and knowing the options available to you if you’re not.
- My Team: Building a culture of support and respect among teammates.
- My Business: Increasing productivity and performance at scale through staff wellbeing, reducing sick days, extended absences and staff churn.