The Lawyer Hot 100 nominations window for 2010 is now open.
Criteria for entry
- They must be a qualified lawyer
- They must be UK-based
- They can be from private practice, in-house or the Bar
- They must have done something of significance during 2019 (as the Hot 100 is not a ‘lifetime achievement’ award but an acknowledgement of the excellent work that is being done right now)
- They must have star quality (ie not just a lovely supervisor or someone who has led on a big deal as there are hundreds of those lawyers across the country). Good nominations will bring out what makes them so special.
The window for 2020 nominations will open in May 2019 and the deadline for nominations will be 23.59 on 31 October 2019. There will be no extensions to this deadline.
Hints for nominations
- Nominations should be short. If your nomination is truly Hot 100 worthy, you should be able to explain why in no more than a couple of paragraphs.
- A 15-word synopsis at the start detailing the main reason why your nomination deserves inclusion may help you distil your argument.
- Keep it current: the Hot 100 is not about past glories.
- Nor is the Hot 100 is simply about who has done the most or biggest deals in a given year. We recognise management figures leading their firm with vision; team leaders who have sparked incredible growth (or turned round a struggling business); litigators on groundbreaking cases; associates who through their actions are proving that they are the next superstars; tech innovators within the profession; lawyers who have implemented a brilliant idea within the business…
- Avoid fluff. We don’t need to know about your nomination’s award wins, rankings or numerous media appearances – that’s window dressing. The meat of what they’ve done is what counts.
Nominations, and further queries about the process, should be directed to email@example.com with the subject line HOT 100 NOMINATION.