Focused on the largest global and UK litigation and arbitration practices and top UK Chambers
Defamation and privacy: A practice divided
This report contains:
- an examination of the key trends in the defamation and privacy market
- an analysis of, and numbers for, the top claimant and defendant law firms, chambers and barristers in defamation and privacy law
- an analysis of the state of the law following the Defamation Act of 2013.
Retail disputes: The future of a market transformed
This report contains
- Information about retailers listed in the FTSE 350 Index
- perceived key risks they face, as well as their litigation activity
- case analysis utilising data from The Lawyer’s Litigation Tracker since 2015.
Allen & Overy case study: Under the hood of a magic circle litigation practice
This report contains:-
- an analysis of Allen & Overy’s litigation revenue between 2013 and 2020
- an overview of the litigation practice at the four magic circle firms
- an overview of the partner promotions and associate seniority in A&O’s litigation practice.
Technology and Construction – Which law firms are litigating in the UK’s infrastructure space?
This report contains:
- a look at the number of decisions handed down in the Technology and Construction Court (TCC) during the past seven years
- insights into the strategies deployed by the TCC during the Covid-19 pandemic, which allowed it to continue running hearings smoothly
- a description of further changes in the TCC’s work, including the crucial change to the minimum financial threshold for claims to be heard in London, which is set to quadruple
- rankings and analysis of the key firms and chambers acting in the TCC over the past seven years.
UK Litigation 50 — Attitudinal and Strategy Report
Included in this report:
- The partner headcount among the 50 firms in this year’s report grew by 10.6 per cent last year to hit a new record of 2,818.
- Firms continue to keep their powder dry ahead of an expected wave of litigation set to arise from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- London’s status as a disputes hub is in no doubt. 2021 saw 855 judgments involving the UK Litigation 50 tracked by the The Lawyer Litigation Tracker. This figure is comparable to any pre-pandemic year.
The Global Litigation 50
Our annual analysis of the Top Global Litigation 50’s performance. Included in the report are :
- Five-year litigation headcount and revenue trends
- Jurisdictional analysis – California, London and Singapore in focus
- ESG – Environmental, Social and Governance focus
- Global Litigation 50 rankings
Claimant firms: where they’ve been and where they’re going
Examining biggest players and up-and-comers in group actions, including:
- PQE and talent pipeline analysis
- Group action data from UK courts
- Claimant firm profiles, with insight from senior personnel