Text provided by the chambers: Serjeants’ Inn Chambers specialises in important, high profile medical, police, regulatory and public law cases, often involving political, ethical or social issues.
Serjeants’ Inn Chambers specialises in important, high profile medical, police, regulatory and public law cases, often involving political, ethical or social issues.
Current examples of work include:
- The Hillsborough inquests;
- The NHS whistle-blowing review;
- The first female genital mutilation prosecution;
- The Nicklinson and Martin assisted dying litigation;
- Two multi-million pound group litigations arising out of defective hip implants (on behalf of over a hundred claimants);
- Litigation relating to the alleged Forex manipulation;
- Litigation arising from the Winterbourne View care home scandal;
- Disciplinary proceedings and judicial review relating to the Plebgate affair;
- The In Amenas/BP terrorist siege inquests.
Chambers and Partners notes that we have “unrivalled expertise at all levels” and in addition to numerous individual rankings we are recommended as a leading set for clinical negligence, Court of Protection, professional discipline & regulatory law, police law, public and administrative and product liability law.
We won the Professional Discipline Set of the Year award at the most recent Chambers Bar Awards.
Our Heads of Chambers are Angus Moon QC and John Beggs QC. We have been joined by 10 new tenants over the last 18 months and now have more than 50 members. Robert Francis QC was knighted this year in recognition of his work as Chair of the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust inquiry. John de Bono QC took silk in 2014, the fourth member of the set to be appointed since 2010.
We have recently appointed a senior management team who will draw on commercial, clerking and client service skills gained on both sides of the profession to run the set for the benefit of members and clients.
Serjeants’ Inn Chambers barristers
View Serjeants’ Inn’s people here.
- Address: Serjeants' Inn Chambers 85 Fleet Street EC4Y 1AE Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7427 5000