With this new report:
- Understand UK Top 100 firms’ responses to the pandemic, including the use of the Government’s furlough scheme, salary cuts and partner profit deferrals.
- Benchmark the top 100 largest firms by the UK legal market’s most comprehensive roster of metrics, including revenue, margin, PEP, net profit, RPL, RPP, headcount and many more.
- Analyse the international market growth rate and the impact of Brexit on firms’ expansion strategies.
- Identify market trends, in particular the white hot competition faced by UK firms from US rivals.
- Find out how alternative legal service providers are taking revenue away from these UK firms.
- Equip your firm with the tools it needs to further its success in 2021.
Learn more about the report:
The global pandemic has changed the world in 2020 and the legal market has not been immune. This year’s UK 200 reflects that reality. It includes unmatched data and insight on the impact of the crisis on the UK’s leading law firms and the sector as a whole.
In some cases, firms are proving to be remarkably resilient. But as the data in this year’s report underlines, just as the pandemic has reached into every corner of our lives it has also penetrated every segment of the legal market, from the magic circle to the High Street.
In a time of Covid-19, it has never been more critical for leaders in the UK legal market to look for clues as to its future shape. This year’s UK 200 report has been designed with this in mind. It has data that is not only not available anywhere else but also metrics that are unique to this year’s publication, including details on the extent to which the UK’s largest firms have tapped into the Government’s furlough scheme, cut salaries and deferred partner remuneration.
Rankings, City 50 and ALSPs
The report also includes all of its regular features, notably the ranking of the Top 100 largest firms in the UK by the most comprehensive roster of metrics, The Lawyer’s exclusive City 50 ranking, which merges the revenues of UK and US leaders, and insight into the rapidly expanding alternative legal services providers (ALSPs) – including the Big Four accountancy businesses – that are targeting the UK legal market more aggressively than ever.
The report includes data on firms’ international growth rates, including specifics on the proportion of revenue that the UK’s largest firms are generating from overseas and, notably this year, a section on their performance in the business critical Asia Pacific region.
The comparative performance of recent international mergers; the impact of Brexit on firms’ international expansion strategies (it is noteworthy that 21 of this year’s top 40 UK firms generated more than half of their total revenue from overseas markets while four years ago, only 16 firms billed more abroad than in the UK); the conspicuous lack of international presence in the lower reaches of the UK top 100; and data on lateral hiring activity and partner promotions.
Related stories to the UK 200: The Top 100 2020 report:
We’ve moved away from PDFs to premium publishing software befitting of the times and of The Lawyer itself. Watch the video to learn what that means for you!