Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen Legal & Tax (NNDKP Legal & Tax) is a leading full-service independent law firm in Romania. The firm has become instrumental in several of Romania's landmark transactions, by providing integrated legal and tax advice to local and international companies, through its offices in Bucharest, Timisoara, Cluj-Napoca, Brasov and Craiova.
An award-winning firm built on a culture of performance, we have become known for our world-class legal and tax services and industry-focused approach. What sets us apart on the Romanian legal market is our continuous aim to go beyond expectations, to find simple ways for dealing with complexity, to anticipate challenges and turn them into opportunities, while bringing enthusiasm, creativity, practical thinking and commitment to advancing the welfare of our clients.
In this tradition, we bring together some of the highest profile lawyers and tax advisers in Romania, valued by clients for their in-depth knowledge and understanding of local practices, global standards and unwavering commitment to client satisfaction.
As an official recognition for the outstanding quality of its performance, the firm represents Romania, as exclusive member, in some of the most prestigious international professional alliances and organisations. Consequently, the firm has access to an unmatched global reach of premier law firms and services providers, as well as to fortified regional resources. Moreover, clients benefit from the shared knowledge and innovative approaches, in virtually any market in the world, that it can offer through its affiliates:
- Lex Mundi (since 1999), the world leading association of independent law firms;
- World Services Group – WSG (since 2002), the largest leading network of independent elite professional services providers;
- South East Europe Legal Group – SEE Legal (since 2003, co-founder), a unique organization of the most respected independent law firms in South-Eastern Europe;
- Ius Laboris (since 2012, as affiliate member), the world's largest alliance of leading law firms providing specialized legal services in employment, labor, employee benefits, immigration and pensions.
With a team comprising 115 attorneys, 23 tax consultants and three intellectual property counselors, the activity of NNDKP Legal & Tax covers the following practice areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
- Infrastructure and PPP
- Public procurement
- Commercial contracts
- Capital markets
- IT, electronic communications and media
- Data protection
- Pharmaceuticals and health care
- Consumer protection
Over the past 13 years, the firm obtained many recognitions and distinctions from the most reputed international specialised publications:
- Awarded 'Law Firm of the Year in Romania' by Chambers Europe three times (2009, 2012, 2013), an unprecedented achievement on the local legal market;
- Chambers & Partners (both Global and European editions), The European Legal 500 and IFLR 1000 constantly ranked the firm in their top tiers in the practice areas researched in Romania;
- Winner of the 'Romanian Intellectual Property Firm of the Year' award at the Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) Global Awards 2014;
- MIP, WTR1000 and IAM Patent 1000 have ranked the IP division amongst the leading practices in Romania;
- World Tax Review highly recommends NNDKP's tax advisory capabilities;
- Global Arbitration Review acknowledges the firm's arbitration practice, including it in the GAR100 listings for four years in a row (2011-2014);
- Won 'Best Romanian Law Firm' three times in a row (2011-2013), at the European Women in Business Law Gala, organised by Euromoney.
NNDKP permanently contributes to the development of the legal profession by mentoring generations of young lawyers, through its 'Let Your Law Career Begin' campaign:
- Summer and Autumn Schools started 10 years ago for third and second year law students;
- More than 170 students took part in these internships;
- Annual study scholarships awarded to exceptional students.