This category is open to in-house teams across Continental Europe, or nominations from private practice lawyers based in the UK, US or Continental Europe.
The entry form should focus on work carried out in the eligibility period of 1 October 2017 to present day.
The entry form will ask you for:
In no more than 500 words please let us know why you feel the team should win; the content of a winning entry could include, but is not limited to, evidence of the following:
- Excellence in leadership
Innovation, either in transactional work or regulatory or compliance issues
- Efficient management of external advisers (please detail outside counsel and recent history of panel reviews)
- How the legal function underpins the organisation’s strategy
- How the team has made the legal function integral both to the decision-making process of the company and to the overall company strategy
- Any additional relevant information
- Unique challenges faced by the particular sector in which the team operates, and how these are overcome
Please provide as much detail on the following:
- Who the team reports to
- Organisational structure
- Yearly spend and how it is managed including use of procurement
- Recruitment and retention initiatives