his category is open to transactional teams from any firm. We are looking for excellence in one of the following fields: IPOs on any exchange, public M&A, private equity or corporate re-organisations. Entries are welcomed for both domestic and cross-border work for Continental European clients, led from Continental European offices. Work led from London is not eligible for entry in this category.
Entries into this category should focus on one standout transaction from 1 October 2017 until the present time and may come from a single firm or more than one firm working as co-counsel for a single client across several jurisdictions. Multiple entries from one firm are acceptable.
Once complete the entry template should not exceed 1,500 words (excluding headers).
The entry form will ask you for:
A) Full details of the chosen deal including:
1. Overview of the case / matter / transaction
2. Market context
3. History of the client relationship
4. Evidence of technical/structural innovation
5. Evidence of innovation in client service, including pricing
6. Measurable outcomes
B) A list of all major parties (individuals and firms) involved in the deal, including (where appropriate) key advisers, associates, partners and in-house counsel.
C) Supporting evidence of the team’s performance over the year, including details of:
1. Innovation in pricing and service delivery
2. Client wins
3. Efficacy in closing deals
4. Sensitivity to political considerations
5. Outcomes – what does your work mean to the clients you serve
6. Precedents set
Please note that while the strongest entries should address most of these points, it is not compulsory to answer each section and you may weight your answers as you see fit.