Entries for this category should focus on one standout transaction completed between April 2020 and the present time. This category is open to firms involved in international projects as well as UK PPP and PFI work. Multiple entries from one firm are acceptable.
To enter you must complete the entry form on the online entry portal.
Don’t forget, you can log in and out of the entry portal as many times as you like prior to submitting.
Click here to read our editor’s top tips on entering the transactional categories.
WHAT WILL THE JUDGES BE LOOKING FOR IN THIS CATEGORY?
The entry form covers the following areas:
Background to the deal (500 words)
- Judges will be looking for anything that makes the context of this particular deal challenging – this could be the market context, the regulatory environment or the nature of the client itself. You’ll also be asked for details of the history of the client relationship, so include any past activities that have had a bearing on the chosen deal.
Execution and process (500 words)
- Judges will be looking for examples of excellence and innovation demonstrated in your team’s work, be that technical legal practice, client service or use of technology; be sure to also include details of any obstacles or unanticipated difficulties and how you overcame them.
Outcomes and successes (500 words)
- Judges will be looking at the outcome of the deal itself, but also at any other measurable or strategic impacts that have arisen from the work carried out, either internally at a team-, practice area- or firm-wide level, or externally in terms of your ongoing work with this or other clients
Major parties involved in the deal
- Judges are interested in learning more about the individuals behind the work and how these parties fed into the chosen deal, both internally and externally – feel free to include biographical information on the partners and associates if relevant to the rest of the submission
Supporting information (500 words)
- Judges will be looking for any activities outside of the deal that has made your team stand out over the course of the year– you should think about other notable client gains or significant wins for the team, any client service successes or innovations, any impact your team has had at a firm-wide level in terms of best practice or strategy, and crucially an indication of financial performance
- You should use this section to upload any client testimonials that add weight to your entry, and any charts or other visual aids that illustrate your work
There is a confidential information section on the form: We fully appreciate that some of the information you include in your entry may be sensitive. We want to encourage you to submit as much detail as possible, including financial performance, therefore please include in this section any sensitive information that should be treated for judges’ eyes only.
2020 Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
2019 Pinsent Masons
2018 White & Case
Entries are welcome from:
Private practice teams
Nominations by in-house teams