This category is open to any chambers operating primarily in the UK.
To enter you must complete the entry form on the online entry portal.
Don’t forget, you can log in and out of the entry portal as many times as you like prior to submitting.
Click here to read our editor’s top tips on entering the Bar categories.
WHAT WILL THE JUDGES BE LOOKING FOR IN THIS CATEGORY?
The entry form covers the following areas:
Legal excellence (750 words)
- Our judges will be looking for standout examples of your members’ technical legal brilliance, in the context of your set’s position in its market and against its competitors; you should be selective when choosing a sample of court appearances or advisory work from the past 18 months that clearly demonstrate the above
Chambers management (750 words)
- Our judges will want to see examples of how efficiently the chambers runs and what actions have been taken or investments made in technology, talent and more to ensure success and growth? In short, why does a law firm instruct your set, and how does the strategic management of the chambers impact on this
Success (250 words)
- Our judges will want to understand how you define success, and how the chambers currently measures up against that definition. It’s really important that you include evidence of financial performance and client feedback here; you can include this in the CONFIDENTIAL SECTION at the end of the form if you want this information to be treated for judges’ eyes only
Moving forward (250 words)
- Looking ahead into the next 2 or 3 years, the judges want to know where the biggest opportunities and challenges lie for the chambers, and how the set’s management plans to take advantage of and address these
- You should use this section to upload any client testimonials that add weight to your entry, and any charts or other visual aids that illustrate your work.
There is a confidential information section on the form: We fully appreciate that some of the information you include in your entry may be sensitive. We want to encourage you to submit as much detail as possible, including financial performance, therefore please include in this section any sensitive information that should be treated for judges’ eyes only.
2020 Keating Chambers
2019 Essex Court Chambers
2018 Wilberforce Chambers
Entries are welcome from:
Nominations by private practice firms
Nominations by in-house teams