Panel Discussion: Legal and compliance; is the future legaliance? This session will look at the blurred lines between the legal and compliance functions. Should we still be viewing them as separate functions or is this approach steadily diminishing and where exactly does the liability lie?
• Who is responsible for monitoring regulatory developments?
• Are the two functions still cohesive cogs or are we seeing a doubling up of work here?
• Are legal and compliance still assessing risk from different perspectives or are they covering the same scope?
• Should we be realigning the two to reduce overlaps?
• Is the fintech integrated model the future for the functions?