This roundtable session will discuss and present findings from a research project conducted by The Lawyer in collaboration with Paul Hastings.
The research looked at the immediate impacts of the pandemic, how legal played a pivotal role in navigating the initial stages of the crisis, and what impact this had on those legal teams themselves. Broader themes include the relationship between legal leaders and business executives, technology’s impact on both in-house teams and businesses in general, preparing for sustained levels of remote working, and the impact of remote working on diversity and inclusion.
Issues further discussed include:
- The biggest threats to businesses over the next year
- The in-house function’s contribution to business strategy in the long term
- The impact of remote working on senior stakeholder engagement and other professional relationships
- The impact of Covid-19 on digitalisation and the use of AI
- Whether new working methods provide an opportunity for greater diversity and inclusion in the longer term