This session will look at the blurred lines between the legal and compliance functions. Should we still be viewing them as separate functions or is this approach steadily diminishing and where exactly does the liability lie?
- Are the two roles clearly defined?
- Who is responsible for monitoring regulatory developments?
- Are the two functions still cohesive cogs working collaboratively?
- Are legal and compliance still assessing risk from different perspectives or are they covering the same scope?
- Should we be realigning the two to reduce overlaps?
- Is the division of work less clear once you reach the senior management level?