The FCA defines culture as ‘the habitual behaviours and mindsets that characterise an organisation’ yet culture is commonly known as ‘the way things are done around here’. How can the financial services sector change this mindset to reflect a culture that aligns employee practice with the best customer outcomes? Can organisations utilise the Covid-19 pandemic as an opportunity to develop their corporate culture in a vacuum?
- Who is driving your organisational culture; shareholders, the board or employees and customers?
- How can firms go beyond rules and standards to achieve real cultural change?
- How do you influence and inform culture?
- Has the crisis been revealing of organisational culture?
- What cultural changes have businesses made during the pandemic?
- How do you encourage great people to do even better things and choose to change rather than have it imposed?
- Can the industry reform performance metrics to ensure customers are at the forefront of business and employee successes rather than short-term profit maximisation?