Details of how to contribute at the bottom of the page. A reminder that overseas-born lawyers locked down in the UK now have their own LinkedIn group; and thanks to everyone who filled our the coronavirus survey: results coming soon.
Quiz of the Day
Thanks once again to Abi Townsend and Blackstone Chambers for today’s quiz.
Theme: Adieu to Europe
- Brexit is a portmanteau. Which author coined the word portmanteau?
- Which six countries were the founding members of the European Economic Community, the forerunner of the EU?
- Who is president-elect of the European Commission?
- Name the two current European Capitals of Culture?
- How many official languages does the European Union have?
- Who is president of the European Central Bank?
- Which European country is Melania Trump from?
- Zeus stole the Phoenician princess Europa taking her to which European island, according to Greek mythology?
- The CAC 40 is the benchmark stock market index of which European country?
- The Five Star Movement is found in which country?
Dog of the Day
CMS senior commercial finance manager Steve Arnold writes: “This is my Jack Russell, Elsie, who has discovered that the best place to spot squirrels in the back garden through the window in my office is from my new home desk!” (PS Steve also gets points for use of The Lawyer’s website in the background)
The Lawyer Listens
With the majority of the legal market working from home, The Lawyer is curating a playlist of songs to listen to while working from the living room or kitchen.
The BD team at DWF has created a Now That’s What I Call Client Development playlist on Spotify. James Igoe writes: “Everyone in the team put forward the first song they bought, their favourite song of all time, and the song that always makes them feel great… Kajagoogoo was my contribution to the first song bought section, absolute classic!” Their list is below; why not get your own team to do their own?
Thanks to Schona Jolly QC of Cloisters for these photos of West London in lockdown (click for full size).
Anyone in the legal sector is welcome to contribute to any of the sections of Law Against Loneliness.
Here is how to contribute to a few of the regular features we have run so far. Everything can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video of the day
What we want are individual, personal contributions from lawyers and legal sector professionals working from home. You could be demonstrating a recipe, videoing your daily run, telling a joke, singing us a song, showing off a skill, or just telling us about yourday and what you’ve been up to. We are very open to creativity – anything that uplifts or diverts.
What we don’t want is too many firm-branded videos talking about how seamlessly you have transitioned to a new way of working, please.
The Lawyer Listens
Contributors should send us a YouTube link and 100 words about the song in the style of previous entries.
Dog of the day
Self-explanatory. Send us dog pix. Or cats, ponies, rabbits, budgies etc. Don’t forget to let us know their name and give us a line of detail too if you’d like.
Show us life in isolation, either via email, or alternatively Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn posts can be tagged #lawagainstloneliness
We welcome other suggestions to go in these articles.