The Lawyer Shopping Channel
Penningtons Manches Cooper trainee Georgina Wade suggests Biscuiteers: “This is a London-based biscuit company founded in 2007, and their biscuits are amazing. They send letterbox biscuits, and also do gluten free, vegan, and dog biscuits! One for all the uninvited family members at Christmas…”
Quiz of the Day
Jacky Chase of Essex Court Chambers has sent us this set of brainteasers: can you recognise the TV theme tune from just one line? (Hint: it may not be the opening song. It’s the theme tune and could be played over the show’s end credits)
- Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin’, tossed salads and scrambled eggs
- It seems today that all you see is violence in movies and sex on TV
- Tell me tomorrow, I’ll wait by the window for you
- I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror.
- Your job’s a joke, your broke, your love life’s DOA
- They’re creepy & they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky
- From the town of Bedrock, they’re a page right out of history
- Making your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got.
- Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state.
- Thank you for being a friend.
- Gotta get up, gotta get out.
- It’s alright, it’s okay, it doesn’t really matter if you’re old and grey.
- Stick a pony in me pocket.
- If nautical nonsense be something you wish
Dog of the Day (and The Lawyer Listens)
“My lockdown has been assisted by the presence and support of Fred the 12-year-old Westie,” says Catherine Regan, senior legal counsel at Trinity College London. “His sister died last year so have been heavily relying on him for canine support. He likes a bit of a rap from time to time.”
Anyone in the legal sector is welcome to contribute to any of the sections of Law Against Loneliness. Everything can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.