By John P Cooper, Ravi Randhawa, Kieran Laird
Written by Gowling WLG’s public law experts, this specialised edition of the case update offers a focused analysis of the application of legal principles on consultations in seven recent cases.
In this edition, our experts examine the following cases:
Failure to consult:
- R (Buckingham) v NHS Corby Clinical Commissioning Group  EWHC 2080 (Admin);
- R (KE) v Bristol City Council  EWHC 2103 (Admin); and
- R (Brook Energy Limited) v Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy  EWHC 2012 (Admin);
Failure to consult fairly:
- R (Law Society) v Lord Chancellor  EWHC 2094 (Admin); and
- R (on the application of British Homeopathic Association) v National Health Service Commissioning Board  EWHC 1359 (Admin);
Failure to consider the product of consultation:
- R (Kohler) v Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime  EWHC 1881 (Admin); and
- R (WX) v Northamptonshire County Council  EWHC 2178 (Admin).