Founded in 1911, Khaitan & Co is one of the oldest Indian law firms, combining a rich heritage of more than 100 years with modern, cutting-edge and solution-oriented legal practice.
Founded in 1911, Khaitan & Co is one of the oldest Indian law firms, combining a rich heritage of more than 100 years with modern, cutting-edge and solution-oriented legal practice. The firm offer full-service legal solutions to its domestic and international clients. The firm’s endeavour is to be proactive and to exceed client expectations by offering a solution-based approach focusing on understanding clients’ business arrangements and anticipating their legal needs, present and future, and providing pragmatic, commercial solutions.
The firm has significant sector-specific experience in cross-border transactions, including prior experience in dealing with the regulatory bodies, such as the Foreign Investment Promotion Board, Securities and Exchange Board of India and Reserve Bank of India and other government bodies, in addition to having excellent connections within the industry. The firm is committed to providing the highest quality of service at every level of any transaction with the ability to scale up quickly and draw resources across offices and practices. The firm has increasingly invested in the state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities with an advanced document management system and is constantly looking to evolve and adopt international best practices to better serve its clients.
Over the years, the firm has succeeded in establishing a successful trend in attracting top-tier partners and senior-level lawyers, both from domestic and international law firms, to join its ranks.
The strategic hiring of partners has resulted in the addition of new practice areas, strengthening the existing practice areas and also bringing in the best international practices and expertise.
The emphasis is to ensure that its clients have access to a consistently high quality of service across all its locations and practice areas.
Khaitan & Co’s clients include business and financial enterprises, large business houses, banks, financial institutions, private equity funds, government bodies, educational and charitable trusts, cultural institutions, individuals and estates and trusts from India and overseas.
In recent years, Khaitan & Co has been growing at a rapid pace across its practice areas and has been involved in a variety of headline transactions. Some of the recent awards and recognitions won by the firm include: –
- Asialaw Asia-Pacific Legal Practice Awards 2017- Law Firm of the Year – India and Law Firm of the Year – South Asia
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2018 – Tier I Indian law firm for Antitrust & Competition, Corporate & M&A, Private Equity and Tax –
- IFLR 1000 2018 – Tier I Indian law firm for Corporate & M&A and Capital Markets –
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 – Tier I Indian law firm for Antitrust and Competition, Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Insurance, Investment Funds, Labour and Employment, Projects and Energy, Real Estate, Tax and White Collar Crime
- India Business Law Journal Awards 2017 – Best Overall Law Firms
- Legal Era Awards 2017-18 – Best Corporate Law Firm of the year
- Asia Law Profiles 2018 – Ranked as Outstanding Firm – India
- Asian-Mena Counsel – Most Responsive Firm of the Year 2017 – Domestic – Honourable Mention
- Address: Bengaluru Simal, 2nd Floor 7/1 Ulsoor Road Bangalore 560 042 India Tel: +91 80 4339 7000 Fax: +91 80 2559 7452 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Kolkata Emerald House 1B Old Post Office Street Kolkata 700 001 India Tel: +91 33 2248 7000 Fax: +91 33 2248 7656 Email: email@example.com Mumbai One Indiabulls Centre, 13th Floor, Tower 1 841 Senapati Bapat Marg Mumbai 400 013 India Tel: +91 22 6636 5000 Fax: +91 22 6636 5050 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org New Delhi Ashoka Estate, 12th Floor 24 Barakhamba Road New Delhi 110 001 India Tel: +91 11 4151 5454 Fax: +91 11 4151 5318 Email: email@example.com