JOB TITLE: Senior Research Analyst
LOCATION: London, Waterloo (Hybrid/Remote)
BRAND: The Lawyer
About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer is an award-winning, market-leading brand. It focuses on the business of law – which law players have a distinct and winning strategy, which are financially performing, which are using tech to transform their services, and which are building sustainable cultures and organisations.
It has over 300 subscribing organisations, 60k individual users, including over 90% of the 50 largest UK and 50 largest US law firms operating internationally out of the London marketplace. We aim to provide data-rich insight that helps senior legal leadership teams see around corners.
We have fantastic and growing digital engagement with over half our subscribers visiting TheLawyer.com on a daily or weekly basis. In addition to TheLawyer.com, we have developed a set of data-rich insight tools, including our Litigation Tracker and Signal, our new subscription service for in-depth market reports. This year, paid content will represent about 50% of total The Lawyer revenues. The Lawyer is part of Centaur plc.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that produces a suite of online research content alongside bespoke research programs for clients in the legal sector including law firms and vendors to the sector.
As a part of this team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading law firms on innovative thought leadership projects.
The role would suit an ambitious research analyst with 3-5 years’ experience in a research or research-related role.
A Day In The Life Of…
Our research analysts experience multiple aspects of research projects, from designing surveys and analysing survey data to writing reports and interviewing senior-business executives. It is a challenging role that offers plenty of opportunities to learn.
Core responsibilities include:
- Designing, coding and distributing surveys to respondents
- Collecting and analysing survey data
- Managing contact databases
- Desktop research
- Conducting research phone interviews with senior-business executives and lawyers
- Producing data tables and cross tabulations of data
- Writing reports and preparing presentations
- Liaising with clients
- Liaising with other areas of the business including the editorial team, production team and the sales team
Additional responsibilities for our Senior Research Analyst roles include:
- Working with the Head of Research to project manage our overall calendar of content to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Working with the Head of Research to deliver bespoke research programs for our clients
- Some management/guidance of junior team members
- Liaising with research suppliers of The Lawyer as a first point of contact for supplier onboarding
This is a role which offers considerable scope for career progression. The successful candidate will be expected drive their personal and professional development in the role with guidance and coaching from the Head of Research.
What We Need You To Have…
- An understanding of legal terminology and the legal market
- 3-5 years’ experience in a research or research-related role (ideally in a research agency setting)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data gathering skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form
- Ability to develop insight from varied data sources
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for data checking
- Evidence of the ability to network well within the legal sector and the market research sector
What We would like You To Have…
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in using IBM SPSS Statistics
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in using data visualisation software packages
- Evidence of Market Research Qualification – Advanced Certificate in Market and Social Research Practise