JOB TITLE: Research Analyst
LOCATION: London, Waterloo (Hybrid/Remote)
BRAND: The Lawyer
About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer is an award-winning, market-leading brand. It focuses on the business of law – which law players have a distinct and winning strategy, which are financially performing, which are using tech to transform their services, and which are building sustainable cultures and organisations.
It has over 300 subscribing organisations, 60k individual users, including over 90% of the 50 largest UK and 50 largest US law firms operating internationally out of the London marketplace. We aim to provide data-rich insight that helps senior legal leadership teams see around corners.
We have fantastic and growing digital engagement with over half our subscribers visiting TheLawyer.com on a daily or weekly basis. In addition to TheLawyer.com, we have developed a set of data-rich insight tools, including our Litigation Tracker and Signal, our new subscription service for in-depth market reports. This year, paid content will represent about 50% of total The Lawyer revenues. The Lawyer is part of Centaur plc.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
We are looking to recruit a detail-oriented research analyst to join our research and data team.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that produces a suite of annual market reports alongside bespoke thought leadership and customised research projects for clients in the legal sector including law firms and vendors to the sector.
As a part of this team, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading law firms on innovative thought leadership projects.
The role would suit an ambitious research analyst with 1-2 years’ experience or a keen graduate with a passion for research, writing and data analysis.
A Day In The Life Of…
Our research analysts experience multiple aspects of research projects, from designing surveys and analysing survey data to writing reports and interviewing senior-business executives. It is a challenging role that offers plenty of opportunities to learn. Specific responsibilities include:
- Designing, coding and distributing surveys to respondents
- Collecting and analysing survey data
- Managing contact databases
- Desktop research
- Conducting research phone interviews with senior-business executives and lawyers
- Producing data tables and cross tabulations of data
- Writing reports and preparing presentations
- Liaising with clients
- Liaising with other areas of the business including the editorial team, production team and the sales team
What We Need You To Have…
- Experience in a research or research-related role is desirable but not essential
- Competent with Microsoft Excel and data gathering
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form
- Ability to spot trends within data
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for data checking
What We would like You To Have…
1 years’ experience in using IBM SPSS Statistics
1 years’ experience in using data visualisation software packages
A good working knowledge of how to design and implement primary research projects, ideally gained through at least 1 years’ research agency experience
Evidence of Market Research Qualification – Advanced Certificate in Market and Social Research Practice