The Lawyer is the UK’s leading legal news, data and insight provider and is looking to recruit a detail-oriented senior research analyst to join its research and data team.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team that produces a suite of online research content alongside bespoke research programs for clients in the legal sector including law firms and vendors to the sector.
The role will focus on the litigation and disputes area of law and therefore requires an individual with some knowledge of the litigation market. The successful candidate will have opportunities to work with some of the world’s leading law firms on innovative thought leadership projects in the litigation and disputes area.
A key aspect of this role is working with the Litigation division of our Editorial Team to design and execute a program of content which maximises the level of insight from our claims and cases database.
Therefore, the role would suit an ambitious research analyst with 1-2 years’ experience or a keen graduate with a passion for research, writing and data analysis.
What you will be doing…
Our research analysts experience multiple aspects of research projects, from designing surveys and analysing data to writing reports and interviewing senior-business executives. It is a challenging role that offers plenty of opportunities to learn. Core responsibilities include:
- Managing and running our proprietary claims and cases database
- Supervising both onshore and offshore data collection activities to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data
- Interrogating the claims and cases data to identify activity and trends for our customer reports
- Working with the Litigation division of our Editorial Team to design and execute a program of content which maximises the level of insight from our claims and cases database
- Designing, coding and distributing surveys to respondents
- Collecting and analysing survey data
- Managing contact databases
- Desktop research
- Conducting research phone interviews with senior-business executives and lawyers
- Producing data tables and cross tabulations of data
- Writing reports and preparing presentations /Liaising with clients
What we look for in you…
- 1-2 years’ experience in a research or research-related role is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of legal terminology and the legal market
- Strong Microsoft Excel and data gathering skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in written form
- Ability to develop insight from varied data sources
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for data checking
Evidence of the ability to network well within the legal sector and the market research sector
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in using IBM SPSS Statistics
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in using data visualisation software packages
Evidence of Market Research Qualification – Advanced Certificate in Market and Social Research Practise