JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
BRAND: The Lawyer
DURATION: 6 Month FTC
LOCATION: WeWork, Waterloo (A mix of office and remote working)
About The Lawyer
The Lawyer is an award-winning, market-leading brand. It focuses on the business of law – which law players have a distinct and winning strategy, which are financially performing, which are using tech to transform their services, and which are building sustainable cultures and organisations.
It has over 300 subscribing organisations including 98% of the top UK and US law firms operating internationally out of the London marketplace. We aim to provide data-rich insight that helps senior legal leadership teams see around corners.
We have fantastic and growing digital engagement with over half our subscribers visiting TheLawyer.com on a daily or weekly basis. In addition to TheLawyer.com, we have developed a set of data-rich insight tools, including our Litigation Tracker and Signal, our new subscription service for in-depth market reports. This year, paid content will represent about 50% of total The Lawyer revenues. The Lawyer is part of Centaur plc.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
The Marketing Manager, Paid Content oversees all marketing and branding activities to support our paid content products (individual and corporate subscriptions to TheLawyer.com, our Litigation Tracker and Signal). The role reports to the Managing Director, and needs to work closely with our Sales, Research and Editorial teams to position our products & content, and drive awareness & leads.
A Day In The Life Of…
- Managing all marketing & branding that supports paid content across our main subscription products: The Lawyer.com, Litigation Tracker & Signal.
- Executing marketing tactics, and agreed marketing extensions, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques.
- Utilising Piano our data management platform to create an execute effective targeted marketing.
- Managing the pay wall experience for our users through effective branding and marketing initiatives.
- Producing timely and accurate audience and marketing reports, forecasts, and accruals through maintenance of all data collection points and ensuring data is collected in line with best practice guidelines.
- Highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and collateral development.
- Implementing successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule
- Successfully planning, organising and executing multiple campaigns across the product portfolio whilst ensuring quality of output is maintained at all times.
- Collaborating with the content and research teams to develop compelling content marketing lead generation activity.
- Developing and maintaining all relevant marketing and sales collateral to support marketing campaigns and defined commercial needs.
- Assisting the Managing Director and Commercial Director on pricing & packaging of our subscription products.
- Writing and editing high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand.
- Briefing comprehensive, accurate and creative designs to our in-house design team, ensuring minimal amends and efficiency.
What We Need You To Have…
- Experience positioning a brand and its associated products
- A deep experience of marketing data & processes – from GDPR to measuring ROI – but especially the creation and measurement of a lead funnel
- An appetite for pushing our use of martech
- Experience executing flawless copy that highlights the quality of our product & content
- Confidence & competence in all aspects of the marketing mix but especially email, on-site & social
- A strong interface skills with Sales, Research & Editorial teams
What We Would Like You Have…
- Experience in a B2B marketing role
- Martech experience, ideally in data management platforms like Piano
- Subscription marketing experience
- Experience of executing price increases & product launches
What We Can Offer You…
- The chance to work in a major role in a relatively small team (50 staff in total)
- Exposure working for a high profile, market-leading brand
- The latest Martech with our recent investment in Piano which increases our ability to target and to experiment with paywalls
- A fantastic WeWork office on the River Thames (when we get back there!)