JOB TITLE: Marketing Executive
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: The Lawyer
About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer was established 30 years ago to provide the latest news, analysis and business intelligence to lawyers working in private practice, in-house legal departments, and The Bar. Since then The Lawyer has become a multi-faceted global print and digital brand with numerous events every year. The Lawyer brand is recognised for its forward-looking content, senior audience, and market-leading data products, and we are delighted to be the PPA’s Business Information Product of the Year 2020.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
We are looking for a new Marketing Executive who is commercially curious and intelligent, and passionate about all things marketing, and who wants to learn and start their career in marketing. This role will sit within the subscription and premium content team of the marketing function and will be responsible for delivering effective marketing with a particular focus on engagement and nurturing of current customers, plus demand generation from new markets.
This role uses all marketing methods, (e.g. content marketing using our own & external media; email, marketing automation, online advertising, events, social media and emerging channels etc.) and strong communication skills to build effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and external contacts.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about both how marketing is done today and how it can be driven forward and improved. Someone who enjoys working in a collaborative, cross-functional team, within a varied role. You appreciate what it means to be part of a recognised brand and will be a reliable, hard-working self-starter. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are proud of your attention to detail and approach projects and campaigns with enthusiasm. You will also want to learn, and happy to develop your skills using all the marketing training we have to offer.
A Day In The Life Of…
· Execute marketing tactics, and agreed marketing extensions, producing high quality, response-driven marketing content & campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques.
· Produce timely and accurate audience and marketing performance reports.
· Demonstrate industry awareness and audience understanding across defined marketing products, identifying key competitors, monitoring audience and marketing activity, highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and collateral development.
· Implement successful integrated marketing campaigns, using full marketing mix, that deliver agreed targets within budget and on schedule
· Successfully plan, organise, and execute multiple campaigns across the product portfolio whilst ensuring quality of output is always maintained.
· Collaborate with the content and research teams to develop compelling content marketing lead generation activity.
· Develop and maintain all relevant marketing and sales collateral to support marketing campaigns and defined commercial needs.
· Write and edit high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand.
· Brief comprehensive, accurate and creative designs to our in-house design team, ensuring minimal amends and efficiency
What We Need You To Have…
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications.
· Understanding of and a passion for marketing principles, strategy, tactics, developments, and new techniques.
· Some experience or knowledge of campaign management and new marketing technologies.
· Organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities.
· Commercial curiosity and intelligence
· Copy writing, proof reading skills and attention to detail
· Strong data and analytical skills.
· Exemplary interpersonal skills and team working.
· Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
What We Would Like You Have…
· Some experience in a B2B marketing role.
· Experience of working with Data and be highly analytical.
· Knowledge of Web CMS, most notably WordPress, would be an advantage.
· Experience in dealing with Marketing Automation Software is preferred, but not essential.
· Superior communication, writing and editing skills in English