About The Lawyer
The Lawyer is the market leading provider of data and insight for commercial lawyers and in-house counsel, both in the UK and globally.
Our portfolio of data rich products equip industry leaders with actionable insight required to make business transforming decisions, anticipate new challenges and take advantage of new opportunities.
Our values as a business are clearly defined: creative, ambitious, collaborative and expert. If that sounds like you, then we think you’ll fit right in!
The job holder is responsible for supporting the Event Manager in the planning and delivery of a variety of annual and bespoke events – from industry-leading awards ceremonies to meetings, conferences, and parties. A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task are essential in this role.
They will report directly to the Event Manager for all day-to-day activities, and work closely alongside the Manager at each stage of planning.
· Researching suitable venues, hosts/speakers and entertainment for events
· Building online booking forms for each event (for entries, table bookings, delegate bookings etc.), in line with Centaur’s data protection compliance
· Be responsible for negotiating contracts with suppliers (e.g. audiovisual, venues etc.), including continued correspondence in the lead up to the event
· Liaising with the production/AV supplier in pre-production and assisting with the staging requirements for the event.
· Recommend menu selecting and table planning venue liaison, e.g. menu selection, table planning etc. assigned of and agreed
· Liaising with event sponsors to ensure that their package is honoured and their branding reproduced to their satisfaction on all relevant event literature
· Dealing with incoming enquiries for events and corresponding with entrants, judges, table bookers and sponsors
· Work proactively with the design team to produce high-quality event literature, including thorough checking of all copies, e.g. tickets, programmes etc., requiring a sound knowledge of print processes
· Co-ordinating the production of all event signage with the appropriate branding and messaging
· Be the first point of contact for clients, suppliers and sponsors
· Resolving problems and escalating to the Event Manager if necessary
· Coordinate all administration for the event, ensure that it is completed in a timely and accurate fashion, include processing/cataloguing of entries and table/delegate bookings and ensure all revenue for the event has been processed correctly
· On-site event management – specific responsibilities (allocated by the Event Manager) to include; overseeing the production team, briefing and liaison with hotel staff, co-ordination of sponsors, co-ordination of temporary staff, ensuring table plans are correct and adhered to etc
· Taking on additional or specialist tasks/responsibilities to aid in the smooth running and development of the department as a whole
What we Look for in you…
- Minimum of 1-year experience of organising events OR specific Event Management qualification
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office – particularly Excell
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy and highly developed verbal and written skills
- Excellent communication skills, a confident and professional telephone manner and a friendly, personable approach
- Good organisational and time-management skills including the ability to prioritise and use own initiative to manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong drive and an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong relationship management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- A flexible and positive, helpful attitude
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for this
- Experience with Eventsforce
- A sound knowledge of print processes