JOB TITLE: Conference Production Executive
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: The Lawyer
About The Lawyer…
The Lawyer was established 30 years ago to provide the latest news, analysis and business intelligence to lawyers working in private practice, in-house legal departments and The Bar. Since then The Lawyer has become a multi-faceted global print and digital brand with numerous events every year. The Lawyer brand is recognised for its forward-looking content, senior audience and market-leading data products, and we are delighted to be the PPA’s Business Information Product of the Year 2020.
The Lawyer’s portfolio of legal conferences, summits, bespoke roundtables and awards attract over 2,000 senior lawyers annually from private practice, chambers and in-house teams and are widely considered must-attend events amongst the top echelons of the industry.
How You’ll Help Us Grow…
The Conference Production Executive will be responsible for researching and developing programme content for high-quality, sustainable commercial conferences. Working closely with the editorial and sponsorship teams, the conference producer will undertake in-depth telephone and desk research, build compelling agendas, write marketing and website copy, secure high-level speakers and contribute to event strategy and growth plans.
A Day In The Life Of…
- Research & Analysis – in-depth phone, desk and face to face research to drive commercial conference programmes and to become a market expert
- Copy Writing – writing compelling agendas, web and email content, conducting and writing interviews with key industry players
- Speaker Acquisition – sourcing, selecting and securing the participation of high level leading industry speakers, building a network of contacts
- Speaker Liaison – liaise with speakers before, during and after the conference, building a network of contacts and making them part of The Lawyer community
- Brand Ambassador – representative for The Lawyer brand at all times, through telephone and face to face meetings
What We Need You To Have…
- Experience in a similar conference/event production role
- Knowledge of the legal industry is a plus but not mandatory
- Interested candidates will have intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn and understand the ins and outs of the legal industry, as well as excellent writing skills
- As part of a growing division, the candidate will be required to actively seek out opportunities and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. They will require superb organisational skills to manage a number of projects at one time and be able to take accountability for deliverables on a day to day basis.
- They will have excellent influencing skills, the ability to understand brands and their value, and work closely with editorial, logistics and sales teams. They will be flexible in their approach and they will look for solutions which drive optimum performance for their individual events and for the business.