In a Without Prejudice ’special’ Charon QC talks with Carl Gardner about a range of important topical issues:
- The recent speech by the Attorney-General Dominic Grieve on Human Rights, The European Court of Justice and the principle of subsidiarity
- The impact of the Assange judgment on European Arrest Warrants
- Lord Chancellor Ken Clarke’s new sentencing proposals on mandatory life sentences and knife crime
- The Brodie Clark v Home Secretary spat: In particular we consider the potential problem of Absolute Parliamentary Privilege being invoked on Theresa May’s statements in Parliament and the potential for an unfair trial should it be an issue.
- Legal Aid cuts and the rise in DIY lawyers
Listen to the podcast here