The Hot 100 2017 has now been released.
Queries about the Hot 100 2018 should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know a future managing partner, a barrister who closed an impossible case or an in-house lawyer who transformed a business? Whether it’s a client, a colleague or a friend, we want your nominations for the Hot 100 2017.
The Lawyer’s search for the ultimate list of the top 100 UK lawyers in private practice, in-house and at the Bar kicks off today (1 September).
The Hot 100 is a celebration of extraordinary lawyers based in the UK who have completed groundbreaking work in the last year.
Allen & Overy senior partner Wim Dejonghe, Berwin Leighton Paisner managing partner Lisa Mayhew, Uber UK head of legal Matt Wilson, Vodafone group general counsel Rosemary Martin, and Blackstone Chambers’ Dinah Rose QC are among those to have appeared in the list in the past few years.
In order to find the right candidates this year, we are sharing the criteria that helps us narrow down hundreds of lawyers to the final top 100. All candidates must provide:
- At least one outstanding piece of work within the last calendar year (2016)
- Candidates must be based in the UK
- Supporting evidence can include client testimonials
- All nominees should have a referee as part of their nomination: In-house lawyers and management lawyers should have CFO/CEOs (or equivalent) within their companies/firms. Private practice lawyers should have at least one general or senior counsel, and barristers should have one law firm head of practice or senior partner as a referee
- If the nominee is about to change roles, we ask that The Lawyer is told out of courtesy prior to the final list or photoshoot
We are looking for ‘elevator pitch’ type nominations – we should be able to tell if someone is Hot 100 worthy in a few paragraphs. Nominees should be aware that The Lawyer team will get in touch with referees for further information if necessary.
The Lawyer receives hundreds of suggestions from across the industry, which is why we are limiting the window for nominations from 1 September 2016 to 1 October 2016.
If you would like to nominate a lawyer for the Hot 100 2017, please email email@example.com