DLA Piper has released the September 2013 issue of its Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence publication.
- Italy: yes, live poker is a skill game
- Greece: government sells its stake in OPAP
- Germany: free network feed-in for public channels
- Germany: Kabel Deutschland liable for approximately €46m in back royalties to collecting society VG Media
- Ukraine: substantial changes to personal data protection legislation go into force 1 January 2014
- UK: advertising claims — do statements of opinion or objective fact require substantiation? The ASA decides
- UK: government’s Culture Media and Sport Committee launches inquiry into online safety
- Italy: foreign blogs cannot ignore local courts
- US: R&B star claims his hit ‘Blurred Lines’ is not substantially similar to classic Marvin Gaye or Funkadelic songs
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.