Colin Bourne is a specialist employment and discrimination law practitioner.
With a balance of claimant and respondent work, Bourne acts for private and corporate clients in the whole range of employment-related litigation:
- Unfair dismissal, information and consultation, redundancy claims; National Minimum Wage and working time cases
- Contractual terms for senior employees, including restrictive covenants and other post-termination restraints
- Transfer of businesses and the TUPE regulations
- Extensive experience of police work including discrimination and the Police Pensions Regulations; police discipline
- Police and fire service pensions
- Discrimination cases
- Trade union and industrial relations law
An accredited mediator with Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR), Bourne has had involvement in wide range of commercial dispute mediations and has long been an advocate of the use of mediation in complex cases, particularly where there is a need to preserve existing relationships and where adversarial litigation is likely to have a destructive effect.
Discrimination and harassment claims are especially suited to the process of mediation and Bourne has experience both as mediator and as an advocate for parties in mediation.
Click here to find out more about Colin Bourne.
This material was sourced from the Kings Chambers website.