The May 2013 issue of DLA Piper’s Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence briefing is available now.
- April’s key gambling issues
- Promotional games and contests in Belgium: look before you leap
- Australia: ‘Free TV’ proposes ban on the promotion of live odds
- Proposed UK video games tax relief to undergo commission investigation
- Virtual advertising in Spain
- Romania: amendments to the mechanism for acquisition of TV advertising space
- US: Court of Appeals rejects shutdown of retransmission service Aereo. Unsurprisingly, the broadcasters seek re-hearing
- UK: BT makes official complaint to Ofcom over BSkyB’s refusal to air ads
- China: new data privacy standard signals change
- UK Defamation Bill to become law
- Europe: public sector data to become real open data?
- Monster in Paris caged by Italian court
- NLA v Meltwater: UK Supreme Court seeks clarification from CJEU on the issue of temporary copies
- UK: revised cultural test for proposed creative sector tax reliefs
- New York federal court says no to ReDigi’s resale of digital used music
- UK: press regulation — small blogs fall outside new regime
- UK: rival Royal Charter launched by the press
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.