Hogan Lovells will be hosting a breakfast seminar on the introduction of shared parental leave and pay, which will be the most significant change to employment law in recent years.
The draft legislation that will underpin the new right was published earlier in March 2014, so there is now a clearer idea of how the system will operate in practice.
In its seminar on 26 March, Hogan Lovells will cover the following:
- Who is eligible: the qualifying employment and earnings tests
- Requirements to give notice of entitlement and intention to take leave
- The ability to request continuous and discontinuous periods of leave and an employer’s options in response
- KIT days, employment protection and the right to return to work
- Steps employers should be taking to prepare for the new right