Liz Sweeney is a banking and finance partner with extensive expertise in all aspects of real-estate finance, leveraged finance, acquisition finance and general corporate lending.
She advises a comprehensive range of lenders including all of the major UK clearing banks and other financial institutions as well as corporates on transactions of all sizes and complexity, both domestic and cross-border. She is experienced in acting both for lenders and borrowers, bringing a balanced view to transactions.
Sweeney specialises in LMA syndicated documentation (leveraged and investment grade), bilateral facilities, complex intercreditor issues and documents, senior and mezzanine debt, private equity, security documents, ISDA documents, development and investment finance, structured real-estate finance and CMBS, distressed portfolios, refinancings and restructurings.
Recent transactions include:
- acting for a major north-west developer in respect of a complex group restructuring including new investment, rescheduling of bank debt and debt forgiveness;
- acting for a major north-west developer on a £500m joint venture arrangement with a leading registered social housing provider;
- acting for a North West student accommodation developer in a consensual restructuring of its syndicated debt facilities totalling in excess of £250m;
- acting for Handelsbanken on funding a £13m residential housing scheme in St Helens;
- acting for RBS on refinancing loan facilities to a leading PI law firm including a detailed review of an LLP agreement and retirement of a founding partner;
- acting for the Co-op on a £12m loan facility to fund the acquisition of a toxic waste processing business (share sale);
- acting for Santander on a £5m acquisition and development facility relating to a leisure centre development.
Sweeney joined Shoosmiths in December 2013. Prior to this she was a partner with EOS Law and before that practised at DLA Piper in Manchester for six years, the last three of which as a partner.
Click here to find out more about Liz Sweeney.
This information was sourced from the Shoosmiths website.